|A Homecoming Celebration for Vietnam Veterans|
|Written by Gilbert Scales|
|Wednesday, 04 April 2012 00:00|
Saturday, March 31st, thousands of Vietnam Veterans proudly displayed their former military branch of service ball caps, T-shirts, jackets and vests.
Some of the veterans remembered being told to buy civilian clothes and either throw away their uniforms or possibly burn them before returning to the States.
They didn’t want strangers to know where they had been.
Now, almost 40 years later, organizations have decided it is time to give thsese military veterans, male and female, a welcome home celebration.
This free event was held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and was sponsored by the N.C. U.S.O. Organization, the N.C. Association of Broadcasters and the Speedway.
Approximately 62,500 people attended the Vietnam Veterans Homecoming Celebration.
The U.S. Marine Corps Band from Cherry Point, NC, performed the National Anthem and some familiar patriotic songs to open the program. A wreath was placed at the Vietnam Memorial Wall replica and TAPS was played by a Marine bugler. The U.S. Army 82nd Airborne Division Chorus sang several patriotic songs including the Armed Forces Medley.
Charley Daniels and his band closed out the celebration approximately 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Most of the crowd was from North Carolina. Other vehicles displayed license plates from South Carolina, Virginia,West Virginia, and a truck from Texas with a Purple Heart on its plate was also seen.
Job OpportunitiesWe are a company that cares about its employees and strong growth opportunities. We have openings for the following part-time positions available to work: Accounts**Bookkeeper**Payment Representative**Payable Clerk**Receivable. JOB Opportunities? Are you looking for job? Want to be part of a great team? If you are interested in this Part Time JOB opportunity for advancement for the right person Please e-mail Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- Disarming the American People
- The Atlanta Campaign
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- Character Does Matter
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward