|Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day|
|Written by Holly Sheen|
|Wednesday, 06 May 2009 00:00|
Across the street a new high-rise is under construction and the exterior is being clad in glass. We could hear the construction crews inside all during the memorial service making a racket.
Each time a volley was fired —— Va – VoooooooooooooM! All of the glass panels just flexed and rattled around as the blasts ricocheted off the building and we thought they were going to break.
After the first volley, waaaaaaaaaaay up high in the building, construction guys began to appear at the edge looking down at the service and pointing. They stayed all through the cannon shots, watching and gesturing. Right after the cannons finished, taps began to play. Every one of those tiny figures up there doffed their yellow hard hats and stood there stone still until taps was over.
Then, back on with the hard hats and they disappeared inside.
Most Read Articles
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Disarming the American People
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- The Atlanta Campaign
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- Character Does Matter
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward