|Council Honors Linda Moody for Heroics|
|Written by Bob Dill, Publisher|
|Wednesday, 19 October 2011 00:00|
Saved Family from Burning House, Aided Driver in Auto Accident
Linda Moody is employed by a security service contracted to provide security for Greenville County Schools. While on patrol in the Blue Ridge community during August 2011, Officer Moody noticed smoke coming from a house and deviated from her routine to address the situation. Her prompt action to awake the occupants and alert them to the fire is credited with saving their lives.
A year earlier, while on patrol on Highway 14, officer Moody observed skid marks on the highway and upon investigation discovered an overturned vehicle with the driver pinned inside. She alerted the proper authorities and remained on the scene with the driver until help arrived.
The recipients of Officer Moody’s heroics attended the presentation ceremony at County Square.
Most Read Articles
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Disarming the American People
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- The Atlanta Campaign
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- Character Does Matter
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward