Bob Jones University invites the Greenville community to the annual Christmas Celebration Friday, Dec. 6, from 4-8 p.m. on the BJU campus.
“BJU’s annual Christmas Celebration is one of our most beloved traditions and we hope many from the Upstate will join us here on campus as we kick off the Christmas season,” said BJU President Steve Pettit.
Greenville City Councilman-elect John DeWorken will join President Pettit at the Christmas Lighting and Carol Sing Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. in front of Rodeheaver Auditorium. President Pettit will read the Christmas story and the event will culminate with the official lighting of the over 100,000 Christmas light display. The full schedule of activities and musical events with beginning times is listed below. Most activities will be open until 8 p.m.
3 pm - Sleigh Photo Spot (Behind War Memorial Chapel)
3:30 pm - Bob Jones Elementary School Choir (Student Center Mall)
4 pm - Christmas Village Activities
- Christmas Through the Ages: An M&G Scavenger Hunt for Kids (Welcome Center Desk)
- The Night before Christmas: Christmas storytelling for kids of all ages (Levinson Hall)
- Gingerbread Mountain: Cookie decorating for children (Tent near University Drive)
- Reindeer Games: Outdoor games for children (Tent near University Drive)
- Christmas Workshop: Christmas Crafts for children (Tent near University Drive)
- Rudolph’s Face Painting
- Santa’s Gift Shop: Purchase Christmas gifts for family members (Welcome Center, Second Floor)
- First Responder’s Tent: Hot Chocolate and doughnuts for emergency first responders in the Greenville Area and their families (Wade Hampton Entrance)
- Yeti Battles: Teen Christmas Challenges (Tent near University Drive)
- A Holiday Bazaar: Artisan Craft Fair (Welcome Center, Second Floor)
- Giant Snow Globe: Photo Spot (Behind War Memorial Chapel)
- Sleigh Photo Spot (Wade Hampton Entrance)
5 pm - Chamber Singers Christmas Concert (War Memorial Chapel)
- Christmas Radio Show (Den)
- Carol Sing Pre-show: Bob Jones Academy High School Choir (Front of Rodeheaver Auditorium)
6 pm - Carol Sing Pre-show: Shannon Forest Christian School Choir (Front of Rodeheaver Auditorium)
6:30 pm - Christmas Lighting and Carol Sing with USingers
7:15 pm - Alumni Giving Tree (Gazebo)
- Christmas Harp Ensemble (Welcome Center Lobby)
- Men’s Ensemble (Near East Drive)
7:30 pm - Wind Band Concert: Carols and Classics (Rodeheaver Auditorium)
All of the evening’s events are open to the public. Booths and activities will close during the Christmas Lighting and Carol Sing and resume at 7 p.m. Parking is available in the parking garage behind Rodeheaver Auditorium and on campus streets. Some campus streets will be closed for the event. To view the 2018 recap video, click here.